Monday, June 16, 2008

Walberg Watch Improvement Thread



Hi.

You're reading Walberg Watch, which is great. I hope you appreciate the posts I've written and others have written, and I can promise a lot more in the coming months as we all work to replace Congressman Walberg with a much better representative.

Still, I want to do more than just write blog posts. I want to provide resources for you to use when working to convince others that Walberg has to go. In fact, I want to provide resources to convince you that Walberg has to go if you're an undecided voter. I want to make sure that on election day, you get out there and vote. I want to make sure that when Tim Walberg and his friends start to smear his Democratic opponent with lies and half-truths, there's an immediate response. And I want you to be able to help contribute content toward this goal, because any good political effort is the result of many people standing up, not just a few.

With that in mind, I'm going to be announcing a lot of changes to Walberg Watch over the next week. I'm really excited about this, and hope that you will be, too. Some features that will be coming soon:
  • A media center, with video, audio, and other resources
  • An e-mail list with weekly updates and action items
  • A way for readers to submit content
  • A list of actions that you can take, including tips on talking points, letters to the editor, and talking to undecided voters
  • Information on registering new voters
  • Information on the Democratic Party, its candidates, and why they're good alternatives to Tim Walberg
I've been really busy over the last few weeks. Mostly, I've been doing other things, but in my free time, that's the sort of thing I've been working on while I haven't been blogging. Now, I need your help.

What would you like to see Walberg Watch do? What resources do you want to see available? What amazing ideas do you have?

Winning in November will take a lot of hard work, and it's going to take a lot more than just me typing at a keyboard. I'm willing and eager to do a lot more, but I'm going to need your help. I'd appreciate any comments you want to leave, even if it's just "Sounds great, Fitzy! I look forward to seeing it!"

By the way, as of today, we only have 141 days until election day. That's not as much time as it sounds like, and we've got a lot of work to do if we don't want two more years of Tim Walberg.

Comments:
Fitzy, Great idea! Let me add: a way for us to organize with others on the site and with the Democratic Candidate (presumably Mark Schauer).

We need to suppliment where they aren't putting many resources. Maybe organize trips to Hillsdale or Branch counties. Find friends in Eaton, etc. You know, the stuff of campaigns.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008