Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Primary Election Open Thread



Polls have been open since 7:00am and close at 8:00pm. For information on voting, click here. To find your polling place, click here.

I might be a little late with results tonight, but you can see them yourself here.

Share your primary election story. Did you vote for Walberg, Renier, or Schauer? If you're in Jackson County, who do you want to win the county clerk race? In Lenawee County, how about the sheriff's race? In Calhoun County, what do you think will happen in the state representatives candidates' primary?

This is an exciting day. I'll be voting soon myself.

UPDATE: For those interested, the Schauer campaign is holding a post-election party in Delta Township:
WHO: Mark Schauer
7th district supporters and volunteers

WHAT: Democratic Primary Election Party

WHEN: TODAY, August 5
Party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Schauer to speak at 9:30 p.m.

WHERE: R-Club
6409 Centurion Drive
Lansing, MI

WHY: The winner of the Democratic primary will take on Congressman Tim Walberg in the general election for Michigan's 7th Congressional district on November 4.
I'm not able to make it, but if any loyal readers are interested in going and reporting back, that'd be a great use of the "Submit Content" feature. No word yet about a Renier party.

I'm actually going to go vote now.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
I voted this morning at 8:05am for Mark Schauer. I was torn over which party to choose because a friend of mine, John Birdwell, is running for Sheriff of Lenawee County as a Republican. He's really an independent, though.

I thought it was more important to vote for Schauer, so I voted Democratic. For Sheriff, I voted for Weeks on the advice of a close friend within the department.

I ran into Al Navarro at the Lenawee County Fair, and he seemed to want to tout his conservative credentials. Maybe he didn't realize I was a Democrat. I said, "You're running as a Democrat, right." He responded by saying that yes, he was, but he's being endorsed by conservative groups because he is anti-abortion and pro Second Amendment. I'm bewildered as to why a candidate for Sheriff would need to take a stance on abortion. Regardless, Navarro as a Democrat is too conservative for me.

Go Schauer!
 
You sound like a very intelligent voter, in that you weighed the priorities and voted your conscience when you could have rightly voted for your friend, John.

Although I'm sorry you had to make that choice (I wish we could cross party lines in the primary), I believe you did the right thing and I'm proud of your decision.

Regarding Al: I was perplexed at a Dem meeting when he announced his candidacy and informed us that he was pro-life. I didn't feel the need to know that and wondered what in the world that had to do with his running for the office of sheriff. It was one of the main reasons I didn't vote for him (in addition to the fact that he seemed a bit cocky to me).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008